NZCAR Disclaimer of Liability
- The provision of the NZCAR is limited in liability and customers are advised to read the limitation of liability statement on this site.
- The NZCAR is an information service only and makes no claim to any other function other than the storage and provision of the details supplied at the time of registration
- The primary contact shall be the sole party responsible for ensuring that information stored in the NZCAR is current and accurate. It is the contact’s responsibility to notify the NZCAR of changes to these details.
- The primary contact shall acknowledge and agree that registration with the NZCAR is not a guarantee that the animal will be returned, nor does it guarantee or make any warranty on the condition of the animal at the time of recovery.
- The NZCAR disclaim any responsibility for the costs incurred in the recovery of an animal and the animal contact shall assume total responsibility for arranging for the return of the lost animal and any costs incurred.
- NZCAC, as owners of the database, expressly disclaim any liability for inaccurate or negligent use of the information stored in the database by any third party, including but not limited to, any authorised party to whom approval to retrieve owner details has been supplied.
- Every effort has been made to ensure all content on the NZCAR websites are legal and free from copyright. Any concerns over the use of content, images, code or any other aspect of the site may be raised with NZCAC during normal office hours and if found to be correct such content will be removed immediately.
- Any links to third party websites are provided for convenience only, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement or verification by the NZCAR or NZCAC. NZCAC does not monitor the content of any other website and is not liable or responsible in relation to any content on them.
- Any dealings with any advertiser or supporter appearing on the NZCAR are solely between the customer and the advertiser or other third party. To the maximum extent permitted by law, NZCAC is not responsible or liable for any part of any such dealings or promotions.
- Registration data: the customer confirms that the data provided to us on registering as a registered user was current, complete and accurate at the time it was provided, and the customer agrees to maintain and update the data as required to keep it so.
- Reliance upon password: You release us from and renounce any claim in respect of or arising from any reasonable reliance by us upon any use of your password, including us disclosing information relating to your registration and/or affairs with us. You agree to indemnify and hold us, our officers and employees harmless from any claims, actions, costs (including legal costs), or losses by us or any third party due to or arising out of reasonable reliance by us or any third party upon any acts carried out, requests made or information provided through the use of your password.
- NZCAC shall protect the stored information with regard to all applicable laws of the New Zealand Government, however it expressly disclaims any misuse of this information by third parties, either authorised users, employees or non-authorised users, if it has been obtained either by illegal means or for illegal purposes.
- If at any time NZCAC does not enforce any of these terms or conditions, NZCAC will not be construed as having waived that term or condition or rights to later enforce that or any other term or condition. Further, if any part or provision of these terms and conditions is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or in conflict with the law, that part or provision is replaced with a provision which, as far as possible, accomplishes the original purpose of that part of provision. The remaining terms and conditions will be binding on the parties.